What to Look for in a New Website
If you are contemplating a new website, or enhancements to your current site, you need to find someone you can trust to do the job right. Before you select a web designer, it is important that you first develop your goals for the website. Ask yourself and your team questions such as these:
- What do you want your site to do for you? What are your specific goals?
- What do you need the site to do for your customers and prospects? What are their needs?
- What features will be required to meet those needs?
- Do you have products to sell and therefore need ecommerce on your site?
- Mobile is becoming bigger and bigger. A responsive design will automatically adapt your website to both tablets and smart phones.
The more homework you can do beforehand, the better you’ll understand what you really need. Then, when you talk to different design companies, you’ll be better able to critique how well they grasp what you want and whether they will able to help you reach those goals. Look at examples of their work. Talk to their previous customers. Be sure to select the right company, because if they can’t adequately tell your story, they’ll not only waste your time and cost you money – they can make you look bad online. And that could really affect your company!