“The Fishers, visiting from Mississippi for a third time, are enjoying fresh strawberry soup. They really appreciate this frosty healthy breakfast fruit.”
Churchtown Inn Strawberry Soup Recipe
Ingredients for soup
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries (we use Lancaster County Fresh in season, freeze these to serve on hot, summer mornings.)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt or strained plain full fat yogurt (can use Vanilla or Lemon)
- Zest and juice from one lime
- Sugar to taste
Garnish for soup
- Sour cream and Monin Rose, Hazelnut, or Amaretto Syrup (these are syrups used for Lattes) you can substitute a drop of almond or vanilla extract in the sour cream. Mix and put a dollop on top of soup
- Lemon Pound Cake Croutons (or any leftover cake can be made into croutons and saved to top soup). We use our leftover ginger muffins, peach bread, blueberry bread to make these croutons. Great cold soup toppers.
- Lime zest, mint, pansies, nasturtiums, lavender buds, or basil for garnish
Puree strawberries to your desired consistency. We like it a little bit of chunky
Mix in yogurt(s) and lime juice
Sugar to taste (depends on how sweet the strawberries are and the type of yogurt used)
Refrigerate overnight or at least ½ hour.
We serve approx. 7 oz. in frosted Martini Glasses
Garnish just before serving.
Churchtown Inn Bed & Breakfast is a picturesque inn located in the eastern part of Lancaster County. A nights stay in this beautiful stone mansion include waking up to Amish buggies as they trot past and a gourmet multi-course breakfasts. Throughout the year Churchtown Inn also hosts numerous special events such as Murder Mystery Weekends, Wedding Vow Renewal, Valentine Weekend Special and even an Amish Thanksgiving
Churchtown Inn Bed & Breakfast
2100 Main Street
Narvon (Churchtown), PA 17555