September 7, 2013 -
Welcome to the the 10th annual Whoopie Pie Festival in Strasburg. It’s called “The Most Delicious Day in Lancaster County!”
Come celebrate the Whoopie Pie. What’s a Whoopie Pie, you ask? Two small, round pieces of cake with delicious icing in between. Visualize an Oreo cookie made out of cake. Popular varieties include chocolate, vanilla, red velvet, and pumpkin. But at this year’s festival you’ll find over 100 varieties to choose from!
Plus, you can join in the festivities yourself:
- 11:00 am – Whoopie Pie Treasure Hunt
- 12:00 pm – Whoopie Pie Race
- 12:00 – 3:00 pm – Whoopie Pie Launch – Try to hit the target.
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Whoopie Pie Checkers – You can eat each captured piece.
- 2:00 pm – Whoopie Yell Off
- 2:30 pm – Whoopie Pie Eating Contest
Other events include:
- Pony rides
- Face painting
- Create your own Whoopie Pie
- Food and beverages and other booths will be available
- Plus, you can watch as they try to break the Guinness Book World Record for the largest Whoopie Pie ever made.
Over 8,000 visitors are expected at this year’s event. Join the fun!
Rain date will be Sunday, September 8th.
The event takes place at the
Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn:
Along Route 896 in Strasburg.
240 Hartman Bridge Road (Rt. 896)
Ronks, PA 17572)
Find our more at WhoopiePieFestival.com